There is a very good reason why I will never consider myself (or hope to be) a "blogger". There are oodles of blogs out there than can simply steal an afternoon with one quick glance...and this will never be one of them. If it weren't for the fact that maybe someday my kids would read it, and get a little glimpse into our lives from my perspective, I think this would already have been lost in cyberland forever.
I have no problem admitting that there is a bit of blogger envy in me, I wish I had that knack, the talent, the wittiness to be a blogger....but really a strong desire for writing is required, and I simply don't possess it. Don't get me wrong, I have the thoughts in me, but the ability to coherently put them down in words, not-so-much.
So aside from my not-so-much ability to really write, it boils down to the fact that blogging is the thing that I let slide when kids, school, dishes, laundry, dance, gymnastics, softball, work and life's other demands solicit my time.
Not to mention that I am a wee-bit of a perfectionist. I don't want to throw down a few words just to get the entry done.
Such is why, it's now almost May...I have yet to finish my "American Idol Experience" report, I didn't even acknowledge Easter, the kids have probably grown a few inches since my last update about them (I know at least all the snow has melted), and although I haven't journaled about these things yet...I will. And I can, even if it's months later. I will eventually be inspired to sit down and pluck away at the keys, but I make no promises of timeliness. That is why I am thankful I've got years before my kids will be old enough to actually read this stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment