Sunday, June 7, 2009

Put her in coach!

She is ready to play!

Well actually, the season is over, and I am proud.

It started with registration, Gary brought her and apparently she was the smallest and youngest child there. I asked her if she knew anyone, her reply "no". Now she has NEVER played softball, she's a dancer and a gymnast so I was a little surprised when she was adamant about trying softball. Personally I was thrilled, I love the sport, I miss the sport and am giddy at the possibility of getting to relive the glory days at the diamond.

For her to tackle a sport like this, not knowing anyone on the team, not knowing the game, never even throwing a ball. I am proud. The girl has confidence and desire I really admire.

The season was great, it was a lot for her, three nights a week (on top of gymnastics and dance), but she loved it. I have to give a big thumbs up to her coach, Doug. He was fantastic, a great communicator, understanding, and pushed them to learn the skills they need.

Her seasoned teammates taught her chants on the bench, she drank Gatorade and was introduced to Hubba Bubba. She has already said she'll be back next year, and is attempting to recruit her sister.

No comments: