Thursday, August 13, 2009

I am one lucky woman

I certainly could find at least a dozen times each day where I could use this expression and it would fit perfectly....however this isn't something that I blurt out on a regular basis. Actually I don't know if I've ever actually said that exact phrase. I'm sure I've tiptoed around it...
I'm one lucky mom.
I'm one lucky girl.
But I don't know about "one lucky woman" For some reason using the word woman to describe myself seems way to old.

Anyhow, as we ventured down the highway last night I took the liberty of assisting Maya remove another tooth (yes, her second in a two weeks and yes, I was a passenger I was NOT driving). As the standard protocol dictates for losing a tooth in our family, there were cheers and high fives all around. Conversation quickly turned to the tooth fairy and how she will be busy tonight because mom's friend "Disney Mom Tanya"'s son lost a tooth today too.

As the excitement began to subside, may just sat back proudly in her seat and exclaimed:

"I am one lucky woman."

Daddy and I shared a quick glance to see if we both heard what we thought we heard...the smiles on both of our faces indicated that we did.

I think we will both agree, we are the lucky ones.

No comments: