How often do you have an awesome Wednesday? Granted it does inch you that much closer to the end of the work week than the beginning...but really it's still smack dab in the typical weekly school/work/activities chaos.
Today I had an awesome Wednesday. Normally my Wednesday would start at 4:51 A.M. when my alarm first goes off, I'm at the office by 6, Maya pickup 11:15, Grammie pickup 11:30, Nolan pickup 12...get everyone home, get back to the office and scarf down a sandwich at my desk so I can leave at 3 to pick up Macy.
But today, due to several unrelated events and the proper alignment of the planets...
I took the day off.
Really.
Now if you know me, I do not take days off from work unless there is a Disney vacation involved, or on rare occasions some sort of family event. The idea of randomly taking of a Wednesday is unheard of. So although it wasn't so random (because I had no other options), instead of breezing into the office between child pick-ups & drop-offs to try to clear the clutter and accomplish something, I took the day off.
So rather than 5am, I slept in until 6. I got myself showered and ready to greet the day before my little munchkins even woke up. By the time they did I was ready for them with breakfast and had their lunches/snacks already packed. It was nice to be the one home this morning to make sure their hair was combed and their teeth were brushed, it was nice to see them off to school and give them a big hug to start their day.
I had exactly 2 hours to myself before the pickups began, had I not felt so crappy from this head cold, I probably would have run errands...but I simply came home. I did the dishes, and the laundry is done, my checkbook is balanced...my house is clean and quiet. I wasted some of my precious time watching Tyra Banks who gave me several reasons to be thankful that I don't drink, smoke or obsessively tan.
By the time the pickups began and the day was turned over to my children, I was well prepared for them. For once I felt like I had a leg up. I'd had two cups of tea and a clean slate of a to-do list, it made for an excellently awesome Wednesday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds lovely Karen, well except for you having a cold!
Post a Comment