
The radio booths set up at Fort Wilderness.
Jennifer and I model some of the great new merchandise available for the What Will You Celebrate promotion.We had been scheduled to "experience" the Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa, and be treated to facials this morning...however we were having so much fun talking on-air about the Moms Panel, that we opted to give up our spots at the spa and take on a few more interviews. Jennifer and I both agreed that this was the whole reason we were here...so it was time to "take one for the team" and do our best to make the rest of the Moms (and Dad) proud. Now I know that this is no reason to strike up the violins, seriously. I'll be honest when I say that was a little lonely back at Disney in all our Moms Panel glory, because we were missing the rest of our team. We are a very connected group, and although Jennifer and I certainly knew how to make the best of it - it's just not the same without the rest of our Moms Panel Family.
Before long we wrapped up the last of our interviews and hopped back into the minivan to head over to Disney's Hollywood Studios. It was time to view The American Idol Experience, Walt Disney World's latest and greatest attraction. We were whisked into the back room, where we were promptly greeted and asked "so which one of you are going to sing".
Um...what?
No one told us we were actually going to experience the attraction! I knew full well that it would be best for all involved, and the overall success of the attraction if I stayed as far away from the microphone as possible. I was not born with the gift of vocal talent. Of course I never realized just how little talent I had until my freshman year of college when my roommate asked me if I was tone deaf *sigh*.
So thankfully Jennifer took one for the team and put herself out there. It was super cool to get to see her up there, and I'll tell you that she can sing!
Jennifer waiting to go on stage.
A little warm up time using the ipod.
Doesn't she look good up there!We had enough time to head back to Saratoga Springs and get ready for dinner. Tonight was the "What Will You Celebrate" dinner reception at the Boardwalk convention center.
If you have any experience with Disney, you are well aware that they don't simply "get it done" when it comes to ...well everything. This reception was no exception, just when you think you've seen it all, again they amaze and exceed your wildest expectations. The hall started as your "typical" convention dining, but over time the room was transformed into a magical, lively, colorful celebration. I was so VERY excited to be joined again by Leanne. She is wonderful company, and I find her life and her job fascinating so I tend to hang on every word she says. A little aside, speaking of jobs, there is something about this company...because EVERY single cast member that I spoke with on this trip told me that they had the best job in the world.
Everyone, seriously.
Now they all have very different jobs, but to have them all feeling like they had the best job ever? That is clearly the magic of Disney. For a company of this size and diversity to be able to make it's cast members feel and believe that they have the best job is simply amazing.
We were treated to a presentation from Meg Crofton. To see her and hear her speak is really inspiring. She is full of poise and grace, yet she appears so connected an approachable. I suppose that is why she is president of Disney.
Before we left left for the evening we were able to get a picture with Mickey and Minnie in all their celebrating style!
Minnie, Jennifer, Leanne and Mickey!Once we headed back to Saratoga Springs our "work" was technically done for the week, all we had left to do now was meet up with the other Moms arriving the next day to rub elbows with celebrities at the premiere of The American Idol Experience.
That was of course, until Jennifer was booked for an on-camera interview by a Canadian fan site! So tomorrow would be another busy day, and it would start verrrrrrrry early with a date with David Cook.
Stay tuned!

1 comment:
Karen it all just sounds so wonderful, I wish we could have all been there with you too!!!
So any video of Jen's singing? I'm sure you're not that bad :)
Post a Comment