Who doesn't right?
It dawned on me today as I loaded my shopping cart with almost every item duplicated, that I can't seem to buy just "one" of anything. Really.
Buying toothpaste, get 2 and put the extra away (with the other "extra" from last shopping trip). Buying butter, get two tubs; potato chips...always 2; laundry detergent...it's expensive, but I still always get two at a whack.
So now I have a fully stocked pantry, refrigerator and freezer...as well as duplicate pantry, refrigerator & freezer in the basement. I need to learn to draw the line somewhere, I have more boxes of Kleenex & Chunky Beef Stew stockpiled that I will ever need...heck we don't even eat Chunky Beef Stew!
So why do I do this? I have to admit, that there are often things that I do or say that make my husband just look at me and call me "Cindy" (that's my mom). So although I can't say for certain, I would guess that some of my quirks are inherited, passed down through the generations and maybe, well, this could be one of them.
So to my children...let me apologize now for my "quirks" and the strong possibility that you may end up with some of them someday. At least now you'll know where they come from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment