Since he has frustrated me this evening due to his lack of cooperating during bedtime routine, I had to jot down a quick funny from yesterday. Which actually now that I recall, stemmed from another Nolan frustration...see a pattern? I know he's only three, but any parent of boys I've talked to says that boys are even more frustrating at age 4. Is this true? Please say it isn't so!
Anyhow, we were having our "family movie night" which is somewhat of a weekend ritual in our house. The decorating had been done earlier that day and the new found Christmas decorations got the best of Nolan. He was unable to abstain from pushing the "on" button on one of our light-up-make-noise-and-blow-pretend-snow decorations. It was quite frustrating to the other four in the room trying to watch the movie... fast forward - Nolan gets sent up to his room. As I am upstairs with him discussing his behavior I hear what could be the same light-up-make-noise-and-blow-pretend-snow decoration noise, just the first beat or two.
Nolan: What was that?
Me: I don't know.
Nolan: Someone else pushed the button
Me: No, I don't think so
Nolan: Yes, I heard it
Me: It was the T.V.
(pause)
Nolan: But T.V.'s don't have arms.
This will not be nearly as funny to anyone else- but a chuckle has been etched on my brain which will prove very helpufl during those frustrating times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That IS funny, right there. I can hear his sweet little voice.
Post a Comment