Sunday, December 14, 2008

Moms Panel Day 1...Still?

So where was I? Oh yea, day 1... STILL.

I had hoped & planned on keeping a live-time type journal during my trip, but those Disney Gods kept us very busy, and I was way-to-over-excited to put together coherent thoughts on the "fly". So now that I am back to reality I am anxious to get the memories written down before they are clouded or watered-down by all that goes on in my daily life.

Moms panel 101 - eat, have fun, play, eat, learn, socialize, have fun, play, eat, learn, play, eat...
This is about how the entire weekend was laid out on our agenda.

I think I can handle this.

First order of business was our welcome reception at the Rix Lounge at Coronado Springs Resort. We knew all along that we had something scheduled for 4:30 on arrival day, and I figured it would be some sort of meet & greet, and it was.

There were two things that stuck out to me during this time.... 1) Having a video camera crew taping your every move is unnerving and it makes you a bazillion times more aware of just how nervous you really are. I think the fact that the entire buffet of goodies went untouched was a testament to our collective nervousness. 2) I had to remind myself that we hadn't really met yet. The 16 of us had all "met" prior to arrival on Facebook, but it was easy to forget that we really had not met face-to-face before. I'm sure by looking/listening to us, it was very easy to assume that we had known each other forever.

Kay from Indiana was thoughtful enough to include all of us Moms in some of her family "Disney Vacation" traditions, the first of which was the Mickey Snowmen Ears she gave to each and every one of us, all were personalized with our honorable title "Mom" (except our Moms Panel Dad, Doug from Indiana...Kay was kind enough to personalize his with "Dad"). It was a very sweet surprise, thanks Kay!Some of the ladies sporting their snowmen ears: Whitney, Cathy, Kay, Jodi, Diane L, Joanne, & Jennifer

Before we knew it we were off to the porte cochere to board our private motor coach, which will be our method of transportation throughout the weekend.((Front to back, Left to Right) Tanya, Joanne, Diane L., Anna, Jodi & "Just Jackie" peeking out in the back.Jo, Cathy, Margaret, Doug, Amber & Kay

Next stop - Magic Kingdom!
Busy. Yes, the Magic Kingdom was busy. Not a typical experience for me since we are always off-season travelers, but we were at the Magic Kingdom at Christmas time and it is simply magical regardless of the crowds. First stop, Cinderella Castle Suite. WOW. If only my daughters were here to see this, was about all I could think about. Due to the size of the suite, we were split into groups of two. I was in the first group to sneak behind the "cast member only" wall Now as regal as the castle suite is, I must say that it is "smallish" in size, but lacking in detail...certainly NOT. The pictures speak for themselves. Clock that never reaches MidnightGlass slipper - size 8The picture is actually a televisionMargaret & JoWe had cameras here too!Cathy, Joanne, Anna, Diane L., Karen, Tanya, Margaret, Kay, Amber, Jo

Now since we barely picked at the welcome reception buffet we were more than ready for our meal at the Crystal Palace. I had only had breakfast here before, and was excited to try the dinner buffet. The restaurant wasn't quite full, and the service was very good. Again, cameras in your face while dining makes for an easy push to start to a diet.Karen, Jackie, Tanya, Diane L, Anna Anna, Tanya, Diane L, Karen

By the time we left the streets were lined with guests staking the all important main-street parade viewing spots. For us though, staking claim to a great spot was non-issue. Again, the Disney Gods had taken thoughtful & thorough care of us Moms. With a simple flash our our "Moms panel" badges, we were allowed beyond the all important VIP rope to our private viewing location at the Main Street railroad station. Now, I would have been more than satisfied with the excellent seats, but then they added "beverages" and cookies and I started to believe that I actually WAS a VIP. That was of course until the parade performers would glance up to see who the VIP's were tonight and have nothing but confused "should we know who they are" looks on their faces. Not really, but in my insecure, less-than-VIP mind, I'm certain that is what they were thinking. Heck we're no Kelly Ripas.

We finished the evening at the Magic Kingdom, a few of us rode Big Thunder Mountain, and then the Haunted Mansion. By the time we arrived back at our resort we were just nearing the midnight hour. Only a few hours of precious sleep lay ahead of us, and I was still too excited to sleep.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Oh, the cameras...that is the one thing I don't miss from the trip!

OK, I'm all caught up on your blogs...nice job!!