Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Proud Momma

There are those that embrace the spotlight, and those that don't. I seem to have one of each of those personalities.

As I've mentioned before, Macy is the embracer. She craves the spotlight and thrives under it.

Maya on the other hand, would prefer not to be the center of attention. She's very smart and observant, but more interested in watching events unfold rather than being in the middle of it. She much prefers to have attention deflected to others, which thankfully for her she has a spotlight-stealing sister and a brother that will do what she tells him. This works to her advantage.

I totally understand where she is coming from we're a lot alike in this respect, but what makes me most proud of Maya is that although some situations may make her nervous or uncomfortable; she has an ability to push the fear aside, and the determination to get the job done. She is all business when she needs to be, I've always said she is destined for a career in the military or something.

So when it came time for their school's Christmas concert, I was nervous for her but also confident that she would do great! I think every parents biggest fear is that the child will freeze, or fall, or run off stage crying...all of which will traumatize them for life (or so we assume). Macy and Maya did none of the above, and I was beaming from ear to ear. I got a little wave from Maya as she gazed out into the audience, looking confident and proud of herself. Maybe she enjoyed this "spotlight" thing more than she expected she would?Maya performs "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"

I'm super proud of Macy as well, she has an extreme sensitivity to the feelings of her siblings. She encouraged and supported Maya, letting the spotlight shine brightest on her for that evening. She praised her and let her know just how proud she was of her little sister. Macy performs "Dear Santa"

1 comment:

Jo Y said...

Awww it sounds as though they both did great :)